The Institute for Dream Studies offers training in becoming a Certified Dream Professional (CDP) for people who have a deep interest in and commitment to the study of dreams for personal and professional growth and development. Ours is a rigorous training program that involves intellectual engagement as well as a willingness to be open to personal transformation through dreamwork and the study of dreams.
Requirements for Admissions
Applicants should meet the following criteria for the purposes of our program:
- Demonstrate interest in personal and professional development throughout the certification process and beyond.
- Commit to observing the ethical requirements of IDS as outlined by the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD). Read the IASD ethics statement.
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Have fluency in English with the ability to read, write, and engage in discussion.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain personal and professional boundaries.
- Have the ability to participate appropriately in group and professional settings.
- Have strong communication skills, including the ability to listen well and integrate new information.
- We recommend that applicants have both a strong sense of self and a good basis of support (friends, family, colleagues, and/or community) on entering this program.
- Have the ability to benefit from the program as expressed in the information gathered in the application process, including the personal interview, application form, and references.
These criteria are meant to give a broad outline of our selection process, and are by no means comprehensive.
The Selection Process
Because dream studies requires not only academic, but also psychological engagement, we reserve the right to accept only those candidates who meet our requirements and who we believe demonstrate having a strong emotional and psychological foundation and preparedness to succeed in our program.
Our decision is not in any way a judgment of the skills or character of applicants. Simply put, we are looking for students who are a good fit for this program. Toward that end, acceptance is solely at the discretion of the Institute for Dream Studies.
Non-refundable Application Fees
Because we carefully consider each application and put time and effort into contacting references, evaluating application materials, offering and scheduling interview meetings by voice or videoconference (Skype, Zoom, or Facetime for example), application fees are not refundable, even in the event that you are not accepted into the program.
By submitting my application I signal my consent to enter into the application process as described above, and to accept the decision of the Institute for Dream Studies as to my application status.